Thursday, June 29, 2006

More Birthday Blogs..:)

In conjunction of my birthday, my dear hubby Gordon took me out to two places for dinner..

1. Cafe Jacqueline
2. Ichiban Japanese Restaurant.

Cafe Jacqueline is located in North Beach San Francisco and since it is really small, it is pretty hard to get reservations. We were lucky enough to walk in on a Thurday evening and find ourselves with seats..:) This restaurant is very romantic with chandeliers and all..:)

The biggest reason of all to go to Cafe Jacqueline is because the cook is Jacqueline herself. This woman is like the grandmother everyone wishes they had. When you walk through her kitchen to get to the bathroom, you see her with her huge copper bowl of eggs, whipping up every souffle. Since she does all the work herself, it took her a whole hour to get the souffles to our table.. but, it was simple worth the wait..

We ordered two souffles. The first was for our main meal; the souffle with prosciutto, cheese, and mushrooms was so yummy. I could have eaten it all, but I knew we also ordered Chocolate souffle for dessert, so I had to save room. I think we are going to go back to try the Grand Manier souffle...:)

1 comment:

Tze & Yeesin said...

Happy Birthday again!! Wah, that souflee looks alot like raw meat in a bowl!! (Just joking!) Wishing you many happy returns!